The UOMIC project comes alive and is now released.
Long time developing this small but big project, Developed in Paterna, Valencia in our facilities by our engineers, UOmic funded CDTI with a budget of 694.781€ is real and is alive.
uOMIC is a complete power management IC that can power the an entire system from a single-chip. A whole system power solution with automatic and user-configurable power-on sequence. The perfect solution for multiple applications.
The option to build your own Power Initialization Sequence by using our Graphical Interface or by code and allowing you to change it if in need even after manufacture.
This brings flexibility of having different power sequences to manage the peripherals in your design giving and allowing to add new generation ICs to existing designs.
A 11 x 11 mm small design favours easy routing and implementation. 144 LGA with 0.8 mm pitch. Can be routed in PCB from only 4 layers without complex stack-up specifications.
Low BOM on design with integrated inductances.
UOMIC contains 9 highly efficient buck converters, 26 LDOs, RTC, 3-channel 32kHz clock output, backup battery charger, manual reset and shutdown inputs, reset output, input and output interrupt and UART serial interface to program individual regulator output voltages and on/off control. Everything ready for complete flexibility in a tiny single-chip (11x11mm LGA package).
With built-in inductors for all buck converters, uOMIC helps maximize power efficiency and battery life, supporting high levels of integration, reducing design complexity, minimizing motherboard space and lowering overall bill of materials.
No software drivers needed in your BSP.
- 9 High-Efficiency Buck Converters
- 6 x 1.5A Buck converter.
- 2 x 5A Buck converter.
- 1 x 2.5A Buck converter.
- 3 Buck converters with DVS Function and programmable voltage: from 0.6V to 3.7875V in 12.5mV steps.
- 5 buck converters with programmable voltage: from 0.75V to 3.90V in 50mV step
- BUCK7 always ON, 2.00V fixed voltage
- UART ON/OFF control for all Bucks
- Digital ON/OFF control for BUCK1, 2, 3, 4, 8 & 9
- Built-in inductors for all bucks
- 26 Linear Regulators with Green Mode
- 1 x 450mA NMOS LDO
- 1 x 300mA NMOS LDO
- 4 x 150mA NMOS LDOs
- 6 x 300mA PMOS LDOs
- 14 x 150mA PMOS LDOs
- Programmable voltage for all PMOS LDOs: from 0.8V to 3.95V in 50mV step
- Programmable voltage for all NMOS LDOs: from 0.8V to 2.375V in 25mV step
- Green Mode with 1uA type for all LDOs
- UART ON/OFF control for all LDOs
- Digital ON/OFF control for LDO2, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21 & 22
- Buffered 3-ch 32.768kHz Outputs with Low Jitter
- Automatic power-Up sequence
- RTC with backup battery charger and two alarms
- Single button manual RESET and single button System SHUTDOWN
- Power-On reset output
- 1 x interrupt input, 1 x interrupt request output
- 1 x external MOSFET control pin, 1 x 1-Wire port
- 2 x GPIO/ADC pins
- Small package, 144-pin 11x11mm LGA (0.8mm pitch)
Designed for easy routing in just 4 Layer with no complex specifications board.
a sight of the easy routing.
The uOMIC has a low BOM, that means fewer problems with discrete components, more effectively and no mistakes with your power design.
The EVK of uOMIC
the EVK-uOMIC was designed to provide all the knowledge to the user before the implementation, and also to test the power functionalities.
Easy to access and easy to program the uOMIC is the most versatile version with that quantity of LDO, BUCKS and functionalities.
The EVK-uOMIC provides a wide sight of the options you can have with uOMIC and all the documentation about the EVK is available for the user.
Here a Block reference of the EVK
The uOMIC is the greatest option for design thinking of the future.